Wednesday, February 1, 2012

REMEMBER PRINT BOOKS?

Ladies and gentlemen. This is called a record. People used to record music this way, until someone came up with a little thing called a "tape." After the tape replaced the record, someone else came up with a little disc called a "DVD" and this replaced the tape. Friends, if we look down the road, I think print books are going to be replaced with digital downloads. It's already happening. As in the words of my daughter, "I'm never buying a paperback book again. I'll be downloading books from now on on my Kindle." A huge paradigm shift is coming for we e-book authors. No one knows what the future holds for the way we will earn royalties. Battles are ensuing between Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Unprecedented technology will change the way we buy books (or simply download them for free). I stop and take a deep breath at the thought of giving all my hard work away for pennies. And then I realize that change is inevitable, and "blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape." We authors must simply do our lovely best to write good stories that enrich others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment