Wednesday, March 21, 2012

JUST BECAUSE

Ever have one of those days where you can't bring yourself to do any more work? I had one of those days. I was supposed to be polishing the wood cabinetry as a Spring cleaning project, but lo, I just couldn't clean one more panel. Instead, I invited a friend over for coffee (3 hours), went shopping and bought new living room furniture (2 hours), went shopping at Belle's for a new top (1/2 hour), decided to have lunch by myself at Rosa's Tortilla Factory for the $3.99 Taco Tuesday Special (1/2 hour), and then headed home. But wait, there was still an hour left in the day where I might have to clean those cabinets so I drove to Sonic and bought myself a final treat for the day. By the time I got home, the day was over. No time for any more work. Besides, I was sure the work would wait for me until tomorrow, and maybe by then I would be ready to tackle it! But once in a while, I believe treats are really necessary for a person's well being, wouldn't you agree?

2 comments: