Monday, May 14, 2012

"QUEEN OF THE WEEK"

CELEBRITY AUTHOR                        
ROBIN JOHNSON 

Welcome! Let me pour you a cup of tea and we'll get started. Please have a chicken salad sandwich and a blueberry scone. We have Macadamia Feast Cake for dessert. I've been making this recipe for over 40 years now. 
       

Where do you live? 

RJ I reside in Castro Valley, CA that’s in the San Francisco bay area.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.  

RJ I am a wife and proud mother of two daughters. I work as a senior property manager. I serve on two boards and work endless hours of Community Service.

Are you a traditionally published or Indie author?  

RJ My book was published by Tate Publishing Co.

What are your hobbies? 

RJ I love to travel, the theater, spending time with family, party planning and scrap booking.

Tell us about your current book. What was your inspiration? 

 RJ "Say it Proud"…provides families with a short ritual to start their day with a positive outlook and the reminder that children have limitless potential. The power of transforming negative thoughts into a positive daily affirmation is beneficial habit that children can apply throughout their lives. Affirmations such as ‘I am a winner’ and ‘I have special talents’ will help children to stay positive even during their tough days. Other affirmations like ‘I am an amazing child of God’ and ‘God loves me’ will remind children that God cherishes them. I began reciting daily with my daughters when my youngest was five years old. These affirmations gave my daughters faith, self-esteem, confidence, self-worth, and amazing strength. I saw them blossom from this practice before my very eyes.   I looked for a children’s book of 365 daily affirmations to give to my niece and I was not able to find one so, that and my daughters testimonial was my inspiration to write.

How did you become a writer? When did you start?  

RJ Well, I had a message that I wanted to get out in the form of a book. I started writing only a few years ago for this book. I have always kept a journal. 

How long did it take you to finish your first book? 

RJ It took 8 months to finish "Say it Proud…Daily Affirmations for Children".

Where do you like to write? 

RJ I generally write at night…in my bed propped up with pillows.

Favorite author(s)? 

RJ Toni Morrison is my favorite author.

How many books have you written, so far? Do you plan to write more? 

RJ  "Say it Proud" is the only book I have written so far. I am working on my second book for teens.

Would you like to share a link where we can purchase your books?

RJ Sure. https://www.wepay.com/shop/view/941551

What about a link to your website?  

RJ www.sayitproud.org

Robin, it has been such a pleasure to have you over for tea. I wish you great success with your book and those you plan to write in the future.







            

1 comment: