Wednesday, October 23, 2019

What's it all about, Alfie?

Who else uses lines from movies in everyday conversation besides my husband and me? "Alfie" is song sung by Dionne Warwick from a 1966 British romantic comedy-drama film directed by Lewis Gilbert and starring Michael Caine. I can't remember the movie but the song remains a catch phrase whenever I pose a "What's it all about?"

Unfamiliar books pose the same question. With so many new books on the market today sometimes it's overwhelming to choose! So, here's an early review I thought apropos to use on the back covers of all my books, which are a series but stand-alones as well. 

"From the first book, I was hooked. Who can imagine a female protagonist-our age-Baby-Boomers-who gets into so much trouble? At every turn, Jillian is engrossed in a mystery. Her little friend, Teddy, (whether one likes dogs or not) is another character in this fantastic series. I can't put them down once I begin. I read quickly...then read them again--on my Kindle, of course."

The books' byline includes a secret ingredient. Can you see what it is? (Clue-it's in italics.)


"Enter the world of Jillian Bradley and her Yorkie companion Teddy, where afternoon tea is served and murderers are brought to justice."


If these have appeal, begin with "Murder in Half Moon Bay" and follow Jillian Bradley and Teddy's adventures. 


                                      Try Book 1 in the series as a Free eBook!



All Jillian Bradley wants is to spend a quiet weekend by the ocean and enjoy her afternoon tea. But a startling discovery draws Jillian and her garden club friends into solving a mystery that threatens her life and changes her future. "Murder in Half Moon Bay" Book 1 in the Jillian Bradley Mystery Series, introduces Jillian's little companion Teddy, a Yorkie who falls prey to danger but rises to become a sleuth dog in the next book.
There you have it! Pure fiction, pure fun. Enjoy!


See you in my books!
Nancy Jill Thames

No comments:

Post a Comment