Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tea Party Tuesday

Special on the menu today - Starbucks Vanilla Bean Scones.


One of my favorite things to do with my granddaughters is having afternoon tea. We drink tea at their house (they live in California, I live in Texas), throw tea parties for the neighborhood kids, and visit tea rooms in the Bay Area.
I highly recommend the Camellia Tea Room in Benecia, California where my granddaughter and I visited. On a nice day they serve tea outside in front of the shop. We especially enjoy the variety of tea choices and find it hard to resist buying some to take home. Be sure and call for reservations if you plan to go.

Have you noticed a resurgence in the interest in afternoon tea? (Besides the political tea party, I mean.) I have. Business people are choosing afternoon tea meetings instead of the proverbial lunch and many cozy mysteries are based on tea. Laura Childs, for one, writes the Tea Shop Mysteries.


Click if you want to check it out.
Pinterest, a popular social network, is full of tea images that I find hard to resist. It seems I'm always looking for more images and sites to add to my Afternoon Tea board. I'd love to have you follow my pins. 

While you're there, you might want to check out the other boards I created. There is one for my Jillian and Teddy Books and if you scroll down you'll find a board for each individual book. 

Every story I write has afternoon tea included. I hope you take advantage of reading  Book 1 "Murder in Half Moon Bay" as a free gift.
My Free Gift to You
This is my way of introducing readers to The Jillian Bradley Mystery Series where I get to write about the lovely places I've been and the afternoon teas I've enjoyed, along with a good whodunnit, of course!

Thank you for joining me today. It was such a pleasure!

~Nancy Jill

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite! I do enjoy a beautiful tea party. There's just something beautiful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Candice. I have to see beauty everyday or I become difficult to live with.

    ~Nancy Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining you for tea today! Am popping over from Bernideen's Tea Time blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pleasure to have you join us, Rosemary. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll join us every Tuesday for tea.

    Warmly,

    ~Nancy Jill

    ReplyDelete